Sunday, November 28

The house of a tribal leader was targeted.. 12 civilians were killed by Houthi missile strikes in Marib

The local authority in Marib said that 12 people were killed and a number of houses were destroyed, after the Houthis targeted the house of a tribal leader in the populated Al-Amoud area in the Marib Governorate with a ballistic missile.

According to eyewitness accounts, the Houthi missile shelling targeted 5 houses, including the house of the prominent Sheikh Abdul Latif Al-Qibli in the Al-Amoud area in the Al-Juba district, south of Marib.

Sheikh Abd al-Latif al-Qibli is one of the most prominent sheikhs in Ma’rib Governorate, and is known for his support of government forces in Yemen.

There was no immediate comment from the Houthis, but the group has previously affirmed its commitment to protecting civilians.

Since the beginning of last February, the Houthis have intensified their attacks in Marib to control it, as it is the most important stronghold of the government and the headquarters of the Ministry of Defense, in addition to its enjoyment of oil and gas wealth, and where the Marib gas station, which before the war supplied most of the provinces with electricity.

fierce battles

In a related context, Yemeni army spokesman Abdo Majali said that “the army forces have achieved progress and control in several locations south of Ma’rib Governorate.”

Majali explained in a press briefing that the army’s artillery destroyed the fighting vehicles and crews of the Ansar Allah group in the areas of Murad, Harib and Al-Juba, while the coalition aircraft destroyed weapons stores, armored vehicles and Houthi military reinforcements.

The army spokesman confirmed that dozens of Houthi fighters had been killed or wounded, in addition to the arrest of field leaders.

In the western regions of Ma’rib Governorate, Majali said that the Houthis suffered heavy losses in personnel and equipment on the Sarwah and Al-Mushajah fronts.

On the other hand, the military spokesman for the Ansar Allah Houthi group, Brigadier Yahya Saree, announced that the group had taken control of the districts of Al-Juba and Jabal Murad, south of Ma’rib Governorate.

The group’s media had said that they entered the Murad Mountain District after an agreement with the residents.

A tribal source said that the agreement stipulates that the directorate will be spared fighting, without any comment from the Yemeni government so far.

The sources indicated that confrontations continued in the Al-Juba district between the army forces backed by tribesmen on one side and the Houthis on the other, and the coalition announced raids targeting Houthi gatherings there.

Yemen has been witnessing a war for nearly 7 years, as a coalition led by the neighboring Saudi Arabia is carrying out military operations in support of government forces, in the face of the Iranian-backed Houthis who control several governorates, including the capital, Sanaa.

More policy



Reference-www.aljazeera.net

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *