eCommerce

The Iraqi army announces the identification of the area for the start of the marches.. Al-Kazemi: We know who committed the assassination attempt and we will pursue them

The Iraqi National Security Ministerial Council considered the assassination attempt on Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi a “dangerous targeting of the Iraqi state”, and pledged to pursue the parties involved in it, followed by an intense security deployment in the vicinity of the Green Zone, amid widespread local and international condemnation of the assassination attempt.

Al-Kazemi said – after the emergency cabinet – that he knows very well who was behind the assassination attempt, vowing to reveal those involved. He added, “My house was attacked by drones targeting it directly, and this cowardly act is not worthy of the brave, and does not express the will of the Iraqis.” “We will pursue those who committed the crime, we know them well and we will expose them,” he added.

The Iraqi prime minister said, “We succeeded in meeting the demand of the people, the reference and the demonstrators to hold early elections, and we provided everything the commission requested, and we prevented Iraq from sliding into a regional war, and we were able to cross the country to safety.” He stressed that “Iraq is greater than any attempts to dwarf it, and it will not be subject to reckless adventures.”

And the Iraqi army spokesman announced the identification of the launching area for the marches that targeted Al-Kazemi’s house, noting that the two marches that targeted Al-Kazemi’s house flew at a low altitude that prevents them from being detected by radar.

In a statement to the Council of Ministers headed by Al-Kazemi, the council said, “The targeting process was carried out by criminal armed groups that read the restraint and high professionalism of our security and military forces as weakness, so they bypassed the state and its symbols, and rushed to the explicit threat to the Commander in Chief and our forces.”

The statement indicated that “the security forces have entrusted themselves to protect Iraq’s security and sovereignty in front of all those who dare to challenge the state,” noting that “the forces will carry out their national duty to pursue the aggressors and bring them to justice.”

He stressed that the security services will work resolutely to uncover the parties involved in this “terrorist” act, arrest them, and bring them to a fair trial, according to him.

The emergency cabinet headed by Al-Kazemi (Anatolia)

A failed attempt

In the early hours of Sunday morning, it was announced that Al-Kazemi had been subjected to a failed assassination attempt with 3 booby-trapped drones, two of which were shot down, according to the Ministry of Interior.

Iraqi sources stated that Al-Kazemi and his companions were not injured, but material damage was caused to his residence in the Green Zone in central Baghdad.

After the attempt, Al-Kazemi called – in a televised speech – to everyone for “meaningful and constructive dialogue for the sake of Iraq and its future,” while noting that “cowardly missiles and drones do not build our homelands nor our future.”

Hours after the targeting of Al-Kazemi’s house, a cautious calm prevailed over Baghdad, as well as calm and anticipation in the sit-in squares carried out by supporters of the factions objecting to the election results near the Green Zone, which continues in light of an intense security deployment.

local feedback

Iraqi President Barham Salih condemned the attempt to assassinate Al-Kazemi, describing it as a “cowardly terrorist” attack.

As for Muqtada al-Sadr – the leader of the Sadrist movement – he described the incident as a terrorist act and targeting Iraq and its people to be controlled by “the forces of terrorism and non-state.”

Ammar al-Hakim – head of the National State Forces Alliance – said that what took place ravaged Iraq’s reputation and foreshadowed more serious events that threaten Iraq’s security, political and economic achievements.

The President of the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Nechirvan Barzani, also condemned the assassination attempt, describing the attack as a dangerous development with dire consequences.

The dissolved Iraqi parliament speaker, Muhammad Al-Halbousi, condemned the targeting of Al-Kazemi, considering that the attack constitutes a real threat to security and stability in the country, and called on everyone to work hard in order to miss the opportunity for the enemies of Iraq.

Former Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said – commenting on the attempt – “I call for giving reasonable politicians the opportunity to address matters away from convulsive reactions.”

Qais al-Khazali, Secretary-General of the “Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq” movement, also condemned the attempt and stressed the need to investigate through a reliable committee.

Hadi Al-Amiri, head of the Al-Fateh Alliance, condemned the targeting of Al-Kazemi and warned of a third party behind the attack.

Azm coalition considered the attempt to assassinate Al-Kazemi a political “terrorist crime” aimed at undermining the constitutional order and state authority.

On the other hand, Abu Ali al-Askari – the security official of the Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq – said, “No one is ready to lose a drone over the house of a former prime minister. He added that there are less expensive and more secure ways that can harm him.”

The Iraqi News Agency (INA) publishes the initial pictures of the effects of the bombing that targeted the home of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi.Part of the effects of the bombing that targeted Al-Kazemi’s house (Iraqi Press)

External feedback

In international reactions, the US State Department described the attempt as a terrorist act targeting the depth of the Iraqi state, and offered assistance in the investigation before President Joe Biden issued a statement condemning the attack.

“I strongly condemn the terrorist attack that targeted the residence of the Prime Minister of Iraq,” President Biden said in a written statement today, Sunday.

He added that he informed his national security team of offering appropriate assistance to the Iraqi authorities in investigating the incident.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry also condemned the targeting of Al-Kazemi, stressing Tehran’s position to support security and stability in Iraq. This was preceded by a statement by the Secretary-General of the Iranian Supreme National Security Council, Ali Shamkhani, that “the terrorist attempt against Al-Kazemi is a new sedition that must be returned to foreign think tanks.”

The Saudi and Qatari Foreign Ministry condemned the attempt to assassinate Al-Kazemi. The Saudi Foreign Ministry described the targeting of Al-Kazemi as a “cowardly terrorist act,” stressing its support for the Iraqi government and people.

Qatar expressed its strong condemnation and denunciation of the attempt to assassinate Al-Kazemi. The Qatari Ministry of Foreign Affairs considered “the attempt a terrorist act targeting the Iraqi state,” and stressed the need to “prosecute those involved and bring them to justice.”

The Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council, Nayef Al-Hajraf, stressed that the security and stability of Iraq is one of the security of the GCC countries.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi condemned the attempt and called on all parties and political forces in Iraq to calm down, renounce violence and join forces.

And Lebanese President Michel Aoun considered that the assassination attempt against Al-Kazemi targeted the stability and security of Iraq and the efforts made to strengthen its national unity.

The United Nations mission in Iraq condemned the attempt, and said, “Terror, violence and illegal acts must not be allowed to undermine the stability of Iraq.”

“We condemn in the strongest terms the terrorist attack that targeted the Iraqi Prime Minister at his home,” the Turkish Foreign Ministry said.



Reference-www.aljazeera.net

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *