Salah, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Mbappe are among the nominees for the “The Best” award presented by FIFA
The Egyptian star, Mohamed Salah, the top scorer of Liverpool, entered the shortlist for the 2021 Best Award granted by the International Football Association (FIFA). The award winners will be announced on January 17th.
And “FIFA” stated – on its official website today, Monday – that fans will be able to vote through the official website until the tenth of next month, noting that the selection of the candidates was made through two specialized committees (one for men and the other for women).
FIFA revealed the nominees in each category for men, women, coaches and goalkeepers.
Salah competes with:
- Argentine Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Portuguese Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
- Poland’s Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- Brazilian Neymar (Saint Germain)
- French Kylian Mbappe (Saint-Germain)
- Belgian Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Norway’s Erling Haaland (Dortmund)
- Italian Georgino (Chelsea)
- France’s N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)
- French Karim Benzema, Real Madrid.
For the Best Coach of the Year 2021 award, the following are competing:
- Italian Antonio Conte (formerly Tottenham and Inter)
- Spain’s Pep Guardiola (Manchester City)
- German Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea)
- German Hansi Flick (Former Bayern Munich coach)
- Argentine Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid)
- Spain’s Lionel Scaloni (Argentina coach)
- Italian Roberto Mancini (Italy coach).
Goalkeepers category, 5 players compete for the award for the best:
- Brazilian Alisson Becker (Liverpool)
- Italian Gianluigi Donnarumma (Saint-Germain)
- Senegalese Edward Mendy (Chelsea)
- German Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich)
- Denmark’s Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester City), “FIFA” revealed that the shortlist for the Puskas award for “best goal” will be announced at a later time.