Citadelle Systems AG: System house group from Essen continues to buy
For the fourth year in a row, mergers and acquisitions among system houses in Germany are increasing at the end of the year. SoftwareOne took over Comparex at the end of 2018, in the last days of 2019 Bechtle strengthened itself in the Netherlands and in mid-December 2020 Cancom Anders & Rodewyk incorporated.
And so it was at the end of 2021: On December 17th, TechniData IT AG took over BWG Informationssysteme GmbH (ChannelPartner reported). And now there is probably the last system house acquisition of the year 2021 to report: The DograTec GmbH becomes a member of Citadelle Systems AG.
The was founded Citadelle Systems AG on March 27, 2019 by Tobias Kaulfuß. The manager himself only worked in a management position at an IT system house for a good four years (2014-2018) – but after he left Asknet AG at the end of 2018, he set out to help all the system houses in which the Succession was not arranged.
And since the founding of Citadelle Systems AG, Kaulfuß not only gained 34 additional shareholders – including NRW.Bank – but also expanded the group’s presence to seven locations. Hanau was last added – through the takeover of DograTec GmbH.
The Hessian system house has specialized in customers from the health and care industry and has built up another competence. DograTec has been making used printers, plotters and multifunctional devices fit again since it was founded in 2010. With this refurbishing knowledge, the system house complements the portfolio of the Citadelle Group very well.
The Bochum Citadelle branch that Silicon-Its GmbH, is a recognized IT security specialist within the group; the KWE IT-Experts from Balingen in Württemberg are ISO / IEC 27001: 2017 certified and therefore work as data protection experts for the group. Its customers include industrial companies from mechanical engineering and medical technology. the Info Domputer Center GmbH from Mainz has predominantly service managers among her clients. OVS from Neuss is, according to Kaulfuß, a leader in the field of managed print services and telephony. Citadelle also operates its own data center in Lüdenscheid, where IT Südwestfalen GmbH.
Nevertheless: 80 percent of the IT services required by customers can be provided by all system houses in the Citadelle Group, the remaining 20 percent then make the difference.
The system house group put together in this way is somewhat similar to the teccle construct, which Kaulfuß rejects: “We have no financial investors and no family offices either.” All current Citadelle shareholders are entitled to vote according to their participation. Of course, this also applies to DograTec managing director Daniel Gratzka, who is now delighted to be “part of the Citadelle Systems family”. He firmly believes that all system houses within the group “complement each other excellently through resources and an increase in know-how and that this creates an advantage for the common customers”.
With the acquisition of DograTec, Citadelle Systems AG has grown to almost 150 employees. Further acquisitions are to follow in the first quarter of 2022, there is currently no shortage of system house bosses who cannot find a successor. Citadelle offers you a long-term exit.
Further news on system house groups and cooperations:
Teccle Group grows to over 300 employees
Cema with Netgo
Waterland buys arxes-tolina
MR Systems becomes part of the GLC group
Subsidiaries and IT system houses