Watch- Salah and Mbappe missed it.. Messi and Ronaldo lead the world squad
The players of the English, Italian and German leagues imposed themselves firmly on the ideal squad (world team) for 2021 in the referendum of the two International Federations of Football (FIFA) and professional players (FIFPRO), led by Argentine Lionel Messi and Portuguese Cristiano Ronaldo.
The perfect line-up was announced today, Monday, during the FIFA gala, which was held as a virtual event at the FIFA headquarters in the Swiss city of Zurich, without the presence of contenders for various awards or guests due to the crisis of the outbreak of the new “Corona” virus.
🏆 THIS is the 2021 Men’s FIFA FIFPRO #World11
– FIFPRO (@FIFPRO) January 17, 2022
It was remarkable the absence of the Egyptian star, Mohamed Salah, the top scorer of Liverpool, and the French star, Kylian Mbappe, the top scorer of Paris Saint-Germain, from the squad that included:
- Goalkeeper: Italian Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan / Paris Saint-Germain).
- Defense: Austrian David Alaba (Bayern Munich/Real Madrid), Italian Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus) and Portuguese Ruben Diaz (Manchester City).
- the middle: Belgian Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City), Italian Jorginho (Chelsea) and Frenchman N’Golo Kante (Chelsea).
- attack: Norway’s Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund), Poland’s Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich), Argentina’s Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Paris Saint-Germain) and Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus and Manchester United).