eCommerce

The coalition continues to bomb Houthi sites.. The UAE shares the results of its investigations with the Security Council, and Israel offers help

The Saudi-led coalition launched new raids on sites in Sanaa for the second night in a row after the attack that targeted Abu Dhabi two days ago and left destruction, according to new images and documented by satellites. While the Emirati authorities tended to involve the Security Council in the results of their investigations, Israel expressed its solidarity and offered assistance.

The coalition said that it had destroyed a communications system for unmanned aircraft in Jabal al-Nabi Shuaib, stressing that it continues to respond to threats, adding that its air forces had earlier destroyed two platforms used to launch ballistic missiles that targeted Abu Dhabi.

Yemenis broadcast on social media pictures that they said showed the effects of the bombing launched by the coalition last night.

For its part, Houthi media announced that coalition warplanes launched raids on Sanaa International Airport and Al-Daylami Air Base, north of the Yemeni capital.

For its part, Houthi media reported that the death toll from the coalition raids on the Libyan neighborhood in Sanaa had risen to 14, including women and children, in addition to wounding 11 others.

Pictures broadcast by Houthi media sources showed the effects of the coalition’s aerial bombardment on Sanaa on Monday evening, which the Houthis said resulted in the killing of the Director of the Aviation College, Abdullah Qassem Al-Junaid, and his family members, after targeting his house.

A member of the Ansar Allah Group (Houthis), Muhammad Al-Bakhiti, said that the coalition’s operations are not linked to what he called the Houthi defensive operations, but have been going on for years, even before the group developed a missile system.

On the other hand, the head of the Russian-Arab Media and Studies Center, Majed Al-Turki, questioned the timing of the Houthi attack on the UAE, accusing Iran, in a previous interview with Al-Jazeera, of being behind this attack by using the Houthis.

new pictures

Meanwhile, the Associated Press published satellite images documenting the extent of the destruction caused to what it said was an oil depot in the Musaffah area of ​​the Emirati capital, Abu Dhabi, as a result of the Houthi attack.

Pictures – obtained by the agency from the “Planet” company for satellites – showed smoke rising above the fuel depot of the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company in the Musaffah neighborhood last Monday.

Other photos taken shortly after the attack also documented signs of burning and white foam to put out fires spread on the warehouse floor.

In turn, the Wall Street Journal quoted informed sources as saying that the initial investigation conducted by the UAE found the same Houthi account of these attacks.

The investigation stated that the Houthis used ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and drones in a series of attacks that targeted the UAE and Saudi Arabia last Monday.

The newspaper said that the results of the preliminary investigation concluded that the attacks showed a significant progress in the military capabilities of the Houthis.

And she added – according to a secret UN report that I reviewed – that the Houthis have developed capabilities to manufacture marches, short-range missiles and other weapons using materials such as engines and electronics that they buy locally or internationally through a complex network of intermediaries.

The Houthis had said that they attacked vital sites in the UAE with ballistic and winged missiles and drones.

Houthi spokesman Yahya Saree said that his group targeted the oil refinery in Mussafah and Abu Dhabi airport with four “Quds 2” cruise missiles, and Dubai airport with a “Zulfiqar” ballistic missile. He also announced that “Samad 3” drones targeted a number of Which he described as sensitive and important goals.

Saree added that the Houthis consider the UAE will not enjoy security as long as it continues its aggression against Yemen, as he put it.

As for the UAE authorities, they condemned the attacks and spoke of deaths and injuries and an explosion in fuel tanks, and said that they reserve the right to respond.

For its part, the coalition said that it had monitored and followed a hostile escalation using drones by the Houthis, referring to a number of drones that took off from Sanaa International Airport.

Security Council involvement

Meanwhile, reactions to the attack continued. The Emirati delegate to the UN Security Council, Lana Nusseibeh, called on the council to issue a strong and united position on the Houthi attacks.

In statements to reporters at the United Nations headquarters in New York, she confirmed that the UAE will involve the Security Council in the results of its investigations.

For his part, Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan said that the Kingdom and the coalition are fully prepared and ready to deal with more of what he described as Houthi intransigence, and to defend the security of the Kingdom and the region.

He added in a tweet on Twitter that the Saudi initiative to find a political solution to the Yemeni crisis is still on the table, and that Riyadh and the coalition continue to support international and international efforts to bring peace to Yemen.

In Washington, the Pentagon said that US forces did not play any role in the Saudi-led coalition’s bombing of Yemen, in response to the Houthi attacks on the UAE.

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby also denied the existence of an Emirati request from Washington to help investigate or respond to the Houthi attack on the capital, Abu Dhabi, saying that the Houthis, with the support of Iran, launched an attack on Abu Dhabi with drones.

Kirby added that the Houthi group used drones, describing the attack during a Pentagon briefing as a constantly evolving threat.

Israeli solidarity

In the same context, the Emirates News Agency said that Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed received a phone call from Israeli President Isaac Herzog, in which he condemned the Houthi attacks.

The UAE agency added that Herzog affirmed Israel’s full support for the UAE in everything it is doing to confront these attacks and defend its security and sovereignty, according to the agency.

For his part, Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett strongly condemned the attack on the UAE capital, describing the attack on Twitter as a terrorist attack.

Bennett said that the Houthis launched the attacks under the guidance of the Iranians, that Israel stands with the UAE, and that he stands with the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, calling on the countries of the world to stand up to what he called terrorism.

Bennett also sent a telegram of condolences to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, in which he said that Israel is committed to working alongside the UAE in the battle against extremist forces in the region, as he put it.

I offered to help

In a related development, the Israeli newspaper, Yedioth Ahronoth, quoted Israeli security authorities as saying that Israel offered the UAE to assist in investigations into the circumstances of the attacks, because it wants to learn and draw lessons to prevent it from being exposed to similar attacks in the future.

And the website reported that Tel Aviv is concerned that what it called Iran’s proxies in the region will carry out similar attacks in the heart of Israel, in reference to the Islamic Resistance Movements (Hamas), the Islamic Jihad and the Lebanese Hezbollah.



Reference-www.aljazeera.net

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.