The Houthis target the UAE again, and Saudi Arabia intercepts ballistic missiles in the south
The UAE Ministry of Defense said – today, Monday – that its air defenses intercepted and destroyed two ballistic missiles launched by the Houthi group towards the Emirates, while the Saudi defenses destroyed a ballistic missile fired towards Dhahran Al-Janoub in the Asir region in the south of the Kingdom.
The Emirates News Agency (WAM) quoted the Ministry of Defense as saying that the attack did not result in any casualties, as the remnants of ballistic projectiles that were intercepted in separate areas around the Emirate of Abu Dhabi fell.
The ministry also confirmed that it is ready and ready to deal with any threats, and that it takes the necessary measures to protect the state from all attacks.
The new attack on the UAE comes a week after the Houthi attack on Abu Dhabi last Monday, which killed 3 people and wounded 6 others.
Targeting southern Saudi Arabia
On the other hand, the Saudi-Emirati coalition said that the Saudi defenses destroyed a ballistic missile that was launched towards Dhahran Al-Janoub, belonging to the Asir region, in the south of the Kingdom.
– Al-Watan Saudi newspaper (@AlwatanSA) January 23, 2022
The coalition reported that the opposition fragments fell on the industrial zone in Dhahran Al-Janoub. The coalition stated – in a statement – that the initial report stated that there had been material losses to some workshops and civilian vehicles there.
The coalition had announced earlier that it would respond to targeting the industrial area in the “Ahad Al Masarha” area in Jizan, southern Saudi Arabia, with a ballistic missile.
A statement by the coalition said that a resident of Bangladeshi nationality and another of Sudanese nationality were wounded in the attack, which it described as brutal.
He added that this attack is the third ballistic missile attack on the industrial zone, targeting civilians of different nationalities.
The coalition also announced the interception and destruction of two drones that took off from the Yemeni governorate of Al-Jawf, as part of a military operation against Houthi sites, which it said it had launched in response to the threats.
The coalition had announced earlier that it was pursuing hostile activity using drones launched from Al-Jawf Governorate, and accused the Houthis of escalating the situation by using ballistic missiles and marches to target civilians, and said that it would take operational measures in accordance with international humanitarian law to protect civilians.
For its part, the media center of the Ansar Allah al-Houthi group said that the coalition warplanes launched two raids late yesterday evening, Sunday, on the Mahathir area in the Sahar district of the Saada governorate, northern Yemen. The Houthis did not mention the results of those raids and if they left human or material losses.