Win Abode Prize Competition Terms And Conditions
- THE PROMOTER
The promoter is: Win Abode Ltd,a company incorporated in England and Wales, with company number 10939884, and with office at Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX. Email address of the Promoter is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered users of the competition services shall herein be referred to as “you”.
- THE COMPETITION
2.1 The title of the competition is Winabode.com.
2.2 The competition is a skill based prize competition whereby upon entering the competition and payment of the entry fee by credit card or direct debit, you will be asked to answer a skill based question. The question will be chosen randomly from our questions database. If you are successful in answering the question correctly, you will advance to the next stage of the competition where you and other contestants answering the question correctly will be entered into a draw to determine who wins the grand prize. You may enter the competition up to 150 times.
- HOW TO ENTER
3.1 You may enter the competition at our website winabode.com, upon completing the required information and making payment with a form of payment accepted by the Promoter. You may also enter the competition for free by post as set out below.
3.2 There is a charge for each time you wish to enter the competition online, the amount of which will be set out on the website. Payment may be made by credit card, debit card or third party payment system to be made following the instructions of the competition website. For free entry by postal address, fill out the form on the winabode.com website and send us your entry via first class post. Only one entry per letter is permitted. You must provide your name, address and email address on the entry form.
3.3 By entering the prize competition online or submitting the entry form by post, you acknowledge that you agree to these competition terms and conditions.
3.4 The Promoter will not accept:
- (a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, loss of entry in the post, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- (b) proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
3.5 For help with entries, please email the consumer helpline at email@example.com.
3.7 The competition is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
- (a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- (b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- (c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
Promoter will not award prizes to any person entering the competition who is not resident in the UK and assumes no liability therefore. Promoter specifically disclaims for any liability arising out of any person entering or participating in the competition in jurisdictions outside the UK where it is restricted or prohibited.
In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition
3.8 The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- (a) automatically generated by computer;
- (b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
- (c) incomplete.
3.9 Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
3.10 The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the rules of the prize competition.
- THE PRIZE
4.1 The prize for the competition will be come from a list of specific items, as described on the competition website, or cash prize if for any reason that item is no longer available. The amount of the cash prize shall be only for the then current cash raised by the competition up to the amount offered for the specific item less an administration fee of 25% plus VAT retained by Promoter.
4.2 Promoter provides the grand prize winner with no liability therefore and the prize winner shall be solely responsible for conducting its own searches and due diligence on the item. The grand prize winner shall not be entitled to claim the cash equivalent upon being unsatisfied.
4.3 The funding for the grand prize will be derived from the entry fees received. Should the number of entrants not equal or exceed the grand prize value at the end of the completion term, the prize will be substituted with the amount of entry fees actually received, less a 25% plus VAT administrative charge to be retained by the Promoter.
4.4 The competition will be operated for a 7-10 day period or once the proceeds from ticket sales have covered the cost of the item. Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition. Draws for the grand prize from those successful in answering all questions correctly will take place within 14 days of the end of the competition period.
4.5 Any tax liabilities arising from the award of the prizes or any other costs incurred by you in relation to participating in the competition or the award of any prize shall be the sole responsibility of the competition winner.
4.6 Prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize originally displayed with another prize of equal or greater value or cash equivalent if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
4.7 The prize is not negotiable.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION
5.1 The winner of the competition will be notified by Promoter following success in the competition as soon as practicable after completion at the email address provided with the competition entry.
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE
6.1 The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available within 21 days of completion of the grand prize draw, the Promoter may elect to run another grand prize draw with the remaining contestants.
6.2 The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to make a claim for the prize within the 21 day period or what you do with the prize if awarded.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. Promoter takes no responsibility for the condition or actual resale value of any item awarded as a prize or any representations made and the prize winner must do their own due diligence.
- OWNERSHIP OF COMPETITION ENTRIES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Promoter does not claim any rights of ownership in your competition entry.
- DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
9.1 If you are the winner of a competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of a competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
9.2 You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
9.3 By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
10.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
10.2 The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competitions where it becomes necessary by law or court order to do so or where there is evidence of cheating or fraud.
10.3 If the seller voids, suspends or cancels the competition prize at any time, any agreement with them becomes null and void.
10.4 Any complaints about or dispute relating to the prize completion shall be first addressed to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.5 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
10.6 By registering and participating in the competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Win Abode Holiday Competition Terms and Conditions
- One Entrant will win a holiday or cash payable in the local currency of the Entrant, in each Promotion Period (the “Prize(s)”). The Prize will not be awarded for any Entries to any free Competitions operated or provided by the Promoter.
- If the WinAbode Winner wins a holiday as their Prize, then as a matter of good will, the Winner will take photographs during their holiday and send them to the Promoter for marketing purposes.
- All Holidays are subject to availability and if the Holiday Prize won is not available for the requested dates, then the Promoter has the right (and will offer) to substitute the Holiday for an alternative.
- The WinAbode Winner will notify the Promoter within thirty (30) days of the Winning Date as to when the Holiday will be taken. The WinAbode Winner will give the Promoter two (2) sets of dates on which they can travel. The Promoter will then confirm the dates and, subject to availability, the Holiday will be booked.
- If the Winner does not notify the Promoter of the dates of travel within thirty (30) days from the Winning Date, then a monetary amount will be given to the Winner. The monetary value will be 75% of the advertised value of the prize.
- The Promoter at its sole discretion, has the right to exclude certain periods in which the Holiday cannot be taken.
- All dates that are given to the Promoter from the WinAbode Winner will need to be flexible by +/-3 days.
- The WinAbode Winner can not give Holiday dates that are within 45 days of the day that the dates are sent to the Promoter. For example, if the WinAbode Winner sent two (2) sets of dates to the Promoter on 1st Jan, then Holiday cannot be taken until after February 15th.
- If any modifications to the Holiday are requested which were not included in the Prize as originally advertised, any additional costs will be paid by the WinAbode Winner.
- Once the Holiday and dates have been confirmed by the WinAbode Winner in writing, any changes thereafter, would lead to cancellation of the Holiday or a fee to be paid by the WinAbode Winner for the changes.
- All Holidays exclude transfers to and from airports unless stated in the Holiday description.
- All two (2) person Holidays will be one (1) room with either 1(double) or 2(single) beds which can be requested, subject to availability, by the WinAbode Winner.
- The Holiday can be booked up to ten (10) months in advance.
- The WinAbode Winner will provide all the information required to make the holiday booking within 30 days from the the Winning Date to the promoter. This information will include passport details and will need to be 100% accurate. Passports expiry date must be at least 6 months after the date of travelling.
- Any Add-ons that are offered by the Promoter to the WinAbode Winner when they entered the competition, will be added to the Holiday and if a monetary payment is to be made, then this will be paid via bank to bank prior to departing on the Holiday.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment suffered or incurred by you as a result of accepting your Prize. If any unforeseen changes to the Holiday are out of our control the Promoter will try to obtain an alternative on a case by case basis, although no guarantees will be made.
- If the WinAbode Winner resides outside of the United Kingdom they will either have to travel to the United Kingdom to travel on their Holiday or they will be given the monetary value as stated in 10.2.4.
- All travel documents, itinerary and confirmations will be sent to the WinAbode Winner.
- Travel insurance & travel VISAs will not be included in the Prizes. It is the responsibility of the WinAbode Winner to ensure they satisfy the requisite visa entry requirements for the Holiday.
- ATOL protection will be provided by the Holiday supplier and will not be the responsibility of the Promoter.
- Choosing the best Holiday to play for is an important decision and the Entrant should always familiarise themselves with the FCO Travel Advice for the chosen Holidays.
- All Holiday multimedia used on the WinAbode website may not accurately represent the Prize.
- Win Abode Ltd does not own the promotional material for the Prizes and simply uses them to offer Entrants the chance for the Promoter to purchase the Holiday for the WinAbode Winner.
- LIMITS OF LIABILITY
Subject to the below, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by the Promoter, its employees, agents or subcontractors, in connection with the arrangement to present the WinAbode Winner(s) and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the WinAbode Winner(s).
The Promoter does not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Please note that we only provide the Website and App for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website or App for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
No responsibility will be accepted for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet, accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act. The Promoter shall use its best endeavours to award the Prize for a Competition to the WinAbode Winner. If due to reasons of hardware, software or other computer-related failure, or due to human error the Prize is awarded incorrectly, the Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the Prize and award it to the correct Entrant, at its sole discretion and without admission of liability. The Promoter shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained to any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due. The Promoter shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the software and website(s) used to operate its Competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular Internet, tablet and mobile browsers.
- CHANGES TO OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Promoter at its sole discretion may make changes at any time to these Terms & Conditions without giving prior notice. It is the responsibility of the Entrant/s to check frequently to see any updates or changes to these Terms & Conditions.